Resurfacing means flattening of the skin. This word is used to refer to works on roads or streets to improve the pavement. We can also do the same with the skin with laser. These lasers improve acne scars and wrinkles.
This is specially recommended for CODE BARS, superficial wrinkles and SCAR WRINKLES.
Several kinds of laser are used:
This was the first laser to be used starting in 1995. CO2 laser vaporizes the skin and flattens wrinkles.
Er:YAG (Erbium:YAG) Laser
This Laser was developed to shorten the healing time after treatment in 1997. The duration of the redness of the skin after a treatment session is much shorter.
Laser de Er:YSCC (Erbium Scandium)
Developed in 2003, it shares features with both the CO2 (more skin retraction) and the Er:YAG laser (fast healing after each session).
This lasers work by drilling some holes into the skin rather than taking away sheets of skin. All the previous techonologies (CO2 laser, Er:YAG, Er:YSGG) can be used in this manner. The main advantage is the shorter period of healing.
HOW IS IT DONE?
- Skin is carefully cleaned.
- Topical anesthesia is applied in the office 30 minutes before the treatment.
- Laser is used, in some places in a fractional way, in some other in a smoother way.
- Thermal water is applied after the treatment, The skin itches for about an hour after the treatment.
- Vaseline or Liquid silicone is applied on the treated skin.
- Several times a day, Vaseline or liquid silicone has to be applied to avoid dryness of the skin. 4 to 5 days are required for healing.
- From day 7 the skin is usually completely healed but there is a pink color that can be covered with make up or sun protection.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
Care before treatment
If the patient has recurrent herpetic infection, we recommend taking some medicine to prevent an outbreak. An antibiotic is also prescribed to prevent infections. Nevertheless, it is not clear that taking antibiotics reduce the risk of infections as the rate is so low that there is very little evidence to suggest these are helpful in avoiding the few infections occurring.
Recommended treatment prior to laser:
- FANVIR 250: 1 tablet every 8 hours or FANVIR 750 1 tablet per day for 7 days, starting 2 days before the procedure.
- BAYCIP: 1 tablet every 12 hours, for 7 days, starting 2 days before treatment.
- Avoid intense sun exposure the week before.
- Patients suffering from MELASMA, have to apply a corticosteroid such as FLUTICREM, ELOCOM, CLOVATE, ADVENTAN, once a day the week before.
After treatment care
Apply several times a day SILKSES OR VASELINE. You can also apply PLASIMINE or some antibiotic cream. You have to apply this as many times as to avoid dryness of the skin, every 3,4 or 5 hours. Before applying this, try to cleanse the skin softly with thermal water to take away crusts.
In the shower, let the water run over the treated skin without using any scrub.
It is possible that some areas might bleed.
After a week, apply sun protection and your daily care.
|¿How does it cost?|
|Small area fractional resurfacing
Superior lip, i.e.
|Big area resurfacing
Face, cheeks, chin plus cheekbones
|Fractional resurfacing full face